Google Algorithm Updates ExplainedAugust 18, 2015
Google Makes Big Changes to Ads Displayed in Search ResultsFebruary 28, 2016
Putting together a well thought-out local SEO strategy can not only be overwhelming, but also time-consuming. StoneFish is here to help.
Listed below is a checklist of important things local businesses can do to help develop a stronger local online presence…
- Title Tags
- Your website should have unique, keyword targeted title-tags
- Clean URLs
- Be sure to use clean, short, and well organized URL structure.
- Duplicate Content
- Nobody likes a copy-cat… Especially Google.
- Logos & Images
- Are you using Alt-tags for your images?
- Non-www vs. www
- Ensure non-www to www redirect is setup. Perhaps use a canonical tag?
- Webmaster Tools
- Let Google know your site exists and submit to Search Console.
- Google Analytics
- The best way to monitor and track website traffic.
- City/Service Page
- Do you service certain geographic regions?
- Mobile Responsive
- More people search from their phones then computers…
- Google+ Page
- Do you want your business displayed in Google Maps?
- Local Address Citations
- The more places your business is listed the better.
- Generate Reviews
- People like to read honest customer reviews… So does Google.
- Call To Action
- Is Your Call To Action Displayed Prominently?
For more tips, or assistance implementing some of the above items, be sure to contact Joe Restivo, and learn how to dominate local search results.